edgaronukwugha asked: I tested the glitch again earlier today (this time on Firefox), and it seems to be an issue with moving into the second room while holding forward. Once again, I was unable to get out of the moving forward animation and moved upward into the black void. In all of the times I glitched the game out, though, I was only using WASD; I wasn't attacking or holding down Right Shift or anything.
After further testing from the coder team we’ve found the glitch to happen outside the browser version too and we’ll be working on fixing that real soon.
Much thanks for bringing it to our attention (same to everyone else who reported this), it’s a big help! :D
edgaronukwugha asked: I'm not sure what you mean by what " [my] operating system and browser settings" are, but I was running it on a recently updated Chrome browser (version 25) on a Windows 7 64-bit system. I'll try to test it on Firefox, but the Web Player is much slower on that browser. This testing, though, begs the question of whether this game will be available on browsers when released. If not, then maybe stick to posting a .zip file with the most recent build to test in the Cryamore forums.
The glitch that is occurring as far as we knew before was because of a browser conflict (you can also make this happen if you press control or right click), but we duplicated the glitch like you’ve stated and it’s because both buttons are pressed almost simultaneously and we’re fixing that for keyboard users. This is not possible with a gamepad and not a natural bug to find through the use of a gamepad.
The full game will not be made or available on browsers when released, you’re just testing different builds/features/areas. :)
edgaronukwugha asked: Just tested it and ran (literally) a major bug: since the boundaries for the second room have not been set yet, I can run into the transition zone from room 2 to room 1 (r2->r1). This, however, causes Esmy to immediately double-back into the second room, where she will continue running upward indefinitely (i.e. to the top of the screen and beyond). I tested it twice: I was able to break the loop the first time but kept running forward the second time with no stop in sight.
On our end, this is currently a Webplayer version bug as things can conflict with your browser’s hotkeys and we can’t duplicate it on our direct system builds. Though we want to see if we can block that out, what’s your operating system and browser settings?
PAYPAL! - Final Public Webplayer Build Update
Today’s Update, folks! Here’s the scoop on PayPal:
PayPal support will be open for approximately 2 weeks! This period is the last chance to get in on the special stuff involving Cryamore! Not every tier is available, but these are the rewards you’ll be able to pledge via PayPal. Please note that there is an additional 2.9% PayPal fee to pledge through here. PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING:
- Please remember to add your contact information in the “Add special instructions to the seller:” box (email, multiple emails, etc.) so we can contact and keep track of your order! If you don’t do this, it will be hard for us to follow up with you!!
- For physical items, please add the appropriate shipping specifed if you live outside of the US! If you forget to add it, we will contact you to receive the shipping payment, which makes things harder for us!
- Protagonist and Fashionista’s Pledges do not include a copy of the game. They are standalone add-ons in which you would have to purchase in addition if you want the game and the figure (For example, click $15 Reward and pay, then click Protagonist’s Pledge and pay).
Last Public Webplayer Build
Here’s the final Webplayer Build of the likes that we’re providing to our backers throughout the development of the game. So here’s the link to the current build! And here’s the explanation of what’s been implemented since the last one:
- Esmy has now full running control as planned, so no need to hold shift to run anymore. Running is a default state which will be altered from different Abilities or due to Esmy’s fatigue throughout the course of the in-game days.
- The hitboxes have not been set up exactly yet, so you are still able to hit enemies from the side even when you are not swinging the sword in that direction. Enjoy it while it lasts!
- HP damage marker code is now implemented! HP markers will pop up when Esmy gets hit or when she hits an enemy. Right now, every hit is a 10 or a 5, but that’s because we haven’t set our conditional parameters in yet (leveled stats, elemental acclimatizations, etc.) Font is placeholder and is subject to change.
- And yeah, Esmy can now get hit again! So no more beating up on helpless Gazers(even though the Firebats are still helpless at this stage). Gazer’s projectiles are placeholder.
- Some sound effects are in! Some are rough, too loud, or not finalized (like the sword hit contact). Enemies can poof and you can hear Esmy’s shoes clack on the ground (which will change based on if you’re on grass, metal, or in water puddles eventually).
- Room transitioning is in! You can test going between the two rooms now (North door). There’s even a zone where the game forces Esmy to keep moving once you contacted it, to make sure you don’t screw things up while moving between rooms.
- Stage 1 water effects have been tested and is working as you can see. That is a mockup texture, but we’ll be coming up with our own various textures for the water types throughout the game. (We know its not in place!)
- Layering has not been put in yet, or any of the HUDs (both of which are next to get placed in), and mob behaviors are not final. So please remember that all of this is work-in-progress!
You’re also going to be seeing some abilities soon as well…
Enjoy playing around with this until the next one! Also, a neat trick (that will give pro Cryamore players a bit of “mad street cred” if they can pull it off):
We’re going to sneak in some neat secret tricks you can do in combat and when using abilities. For instance (and you can try this now!): when you’re being chased by something, you can use the momentum of the direction you’re running in to quickly turn around and slide back while swinging. (Like, holding left and quickly hitting rightand attack at the same time.) The timing is pretty strict, so it takes a bit to get used to and learn, but it adds a more in-depth approach to the combat mechanics to cater to our more dextrous crowd. We’re going to be sneaking things like this in the game. :)
Also, our PayPal backers will be able to test the backer builds as well. We’ll be providing them through our forums, which will be going up soon!
Have fun, and thanks for your help as always!!
Cryamore 403% Funded! Now The Real Fun Begins!
There are so many words we can come up with to show how we feel: grateful,appreciative, enamored, and just outright thankful, for everyone’s support and faith they have in us and the creation of this game. This is a dream come true for all of us, and a lot of firsts for a lot of the people involved in it, and we’re going to do our best to make it everything we want it to be.
But it doesn’t end here. Rest assured, we’ll still be keeping everyone in the loop here.
Now, to get to the real work. We have a lot ahead of us, long-term, and very short-term (GDC, demo, etc., but we will explain that in a few days). Here’s what’s going to occur:
Paypal support will be launched tomorrow and will run for approximately 2 weeks, then we will take it down. We’ll explain everything in detail for those who want to support and back us further via PayPal.
We’re going to begin counting all of the incurred pledges through Kickstarter, (crunching numbers, funnn) to get that out of the way first and foremost, then will start preparing the first surveys to send out. Then we’re going to talk to our figure manufacturer to begin work on the figures and then start talking with UDON about the art book and getting that started. We may have some other fantastic treats to share as well regarding that. :)
Forums and Further
We’re going to provide everyone with one final Webplayer Backer Build tomorrow and then the rest will be, well, for the backers only! Our official forums are pretty much ready to go, so we will give everyone the dealio on setting up your logins and all.
We’re all going to have fun! We really don’t like when developers fall off the face of the planet after a Kickstarter and pop up every so often… So, we’ll try making sure that 1-yr development rate will be as unnoticeable as possible as you’ll be involved with the creation of the game! Look forward to being updated constantly as we go along, almost with the same level as during our Kickstarter campaign.
Again, thanks so much! And it’s an honor to have all of you, our future players, on the ride with us!
Also, here’s a treat from us for an extended thanks for helping us get this kickstarted! Here’s a high-quality, mp3 download of the Cryamore Original Music Selections with the songs that were featured during the Kickstarter, as well as a couple of musical treats you have yet to hear versions of!
askspeedy asked: Uhm.. you put a post up titled PayPal.. but there.. is no content in it. At all..?
Ignore that! Byproduct of setting it up! ^^
reptilehand asked: One more question. I played the Cryamore build, but I'm a little clunky with the WASD / SHIFT keys. Is there any chance that the PC version will have Gamepad support? That would be awesome for someone who's really used to using a controller. I'll stop bugging you guys at some point!
You bet your left nostril it will have gamepad support! :D
reptilehand asked: I'm confused. So... I did the $30 pledge. And in your example, I can just add $50 on to that original pledge and receive the art book as well? How does this work? I'm having trouble understanding this.
“To add the items to your pledge, just add the additional amount to your current amount pledged. When we send out the surveys, you will specify if you ordered any of these in addition if you have an arbitrary amount than the normal pledge amounts we expect. “